Thursday, August 16, 2007

I stepped outside of my comfort zone ...


...Meaning I did a layout without the typical 1/4-inch photo mats and the like. I tried to go with the new trends I'm seeing on the galleries. You be the judge. Does this LO work for you? What would you have done different? Please let me know. I'm trying to grow as a scrapper, so I want honest assessments.

In case you're wondering ... I'm the redhead that is standing. Next to me is Tracy. Seated from left to right is Jaime, her mother Tammy and my mother Fay. Sometimes Tracy's daughters join us, but rarely. They're both in college and probably find us to "slow them down." They're good young ladies. We are all friends with ties to a certain business to which will not be named just because ... We try to meet up once a month for dinner and a couple of cocktails. None for my Mom though as just one drop of alcohol makes her sick (even when it's been cooked).

5 comments:

mamatwoboys said...

I love the bling and the swirl stamps! I have boys so that would be new and exciting for me. I think you did a great job stretching your creative self on this layout! Kudos to you!

Unknown said...

hey julie!

I really like the colors here! I would add another piece of PP or bring your pp up a bit so they cover the flourishes just a little bit so they brought the flourishes into the design. It would make the flourishes look like they are coming out of the pp and not kind of floating. that is jsut my safety net that I scrap with. How awesome that you want to stretch yourself. that is a huge step, I try little by little.

great job!

Rebekah said...

Beautiful colors! You did a great job, and don't be afraid to use more new techniques. It's so exciting when you can stretch your creativity level. I agree that having the PP brought up more could help with the floating affect. Great work!

Erica Hettwer said...

I really like what you did with the papers behind the photo!
I don't have any ideas for changing your LO because I really like it. I'm kind of in the same boat as you in that I'm trying to take my scrappin' to the next level. :D

Oh, and by the way...you've been tagged!!! Check out my blog to see what to do! :D

Erica Hettwer said...

Ooops!! I forgot to tell you my CKMB name. It's me, melegs!!! :D