Tuesday, December 25, 2007

That's me on page 51!

It's not a LO, but I still got myself on the pages of CK! It's for a new column to help us get our journaling going. The story of how Allen and I met is on there. I'm the one who was NOT a shoplifter!

CK did a little editing, but my original submission is below:

My husband, Allen, and I met in college while working at a department store. He thought I was a shoplifter, and I thought he was like a bull dog!

Allen had just transferred to our loss prevention department from another store and didn't know all the employees yet. I worked in the dress department and normally dressed up for work. On this day, however, I was bringing new merchandise out on to the floor and was wearing whatever street clothes I had worn to classes earlier that day.

Because I was moving clothes around, I was practically standing in the middle of the racks and looking all around the floor to decide where to place everything. All Allen saw was some college girl hiding in the racks and looking around. Later he changed his story to say that he thought I was hot and was only checking me out!

Eventually, another loss prevention officer told him that I was not a criminal. He introduced himself to me, and now, 13 years later, we are married with two beautiful girls!

3 comments:

Candace said...

That was your story?! That is soo funny! I didnt know that! Yes they did edit alot. Congratulations! How neat! Seems alot of MB girls are in this one huh? YA! Hope you had a great Christmas! Today I've been cleaning and putting up the decorations. I hate that part but its part of Christmas right? Take Care!

Martha said...

How funny....this issue has been one of the best yet, so much fun to read those silly stories & seeing the black and white vs. color photos, the LOVE photo advice, etc.

Samantha said...

Yes, I did see you in the Feb. CK! Very cool :)