Thursday, December 6, 2007

First casualty of assembly line cards


I am making sets of cards to give as gifts for Callie's teachers and for the White Elephant gift exchange at the SOM Moms group that Audrey and I attend. I'm making them assembly line style as I thought that would be the most efficient. Until I found the card in the photo to the left on the bottom of a pile. It got all inked-on. Oh well. I will probably save it and find a way to cover up the goof or pull the embellishments of and reuse on another card.

Still, it was such a shock to my mojo, as I was cruising along feeling pretty good about myself. Then, BANG! Messed up card. I suppose I'm making too much of this.

Oh well, I have 8 sets of cards to make. I cut and score 8 at a time then cover with paper and add embellishments. Finally, I add some sentiment and then move on to my next set of eight. It's actually a good system. I hope to hall all the sets complete tomorrow.

I'm also going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to look for some inspiration for my HOF crafty combo. I have a few ideas, but I've yet to find one that really screams, "PERFECT!" Maybe wandering the aisles at HL will help. I love what Allison Davis did for hers last year. Check it out here on her blog. Gee, I wish I could figure out a way to use my cake decorating as my crafty combo. HMM ...

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Maybe you could cut a piece of cardstock and cover the ink on the right side?

Keep up the good work with all those cards!!

Candace said...

Beautiful Work!! :)