Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meet Ally

The blog challenge today is to link to something or someone that we love. It did not take long for me to decide to link to Ally's Allies a site started by dear friend of mine to honor her daughter, Allison, who was born with cystic fibrosis. Paula, my friend, has worked tirelessly since Ally's birth to raise money and awareness to find a cure for cystic fibrosis. In fact, the entire family, including Paula, Ally, big sister Kira (not afflicted) and husband Rob, has inspired me from day one. I do hope everyone who visits my blog will take a moment to stop by and check out Ally's site and see what a precious little fighter she is!

Being a military family, we have a lot of photos of "tough guy," soldiers, but let me tell you, the photo of Ally above is a photo of a true fighter!

10 comments:

ValAnn said...

It really makes you stop and think... there she is sitting in her hospital crib with a little smile on her face. TFS.

Anonymous said...

I agree with that was said. It makes you stop and think.

What a little tropper being able to smile with all that she has going on in her life!

Carmen O. said...

Thanks for sending us a reminder of what other families go through and still keep positive!

Stacy said...

How cute is she!!!!

Elizabeth said...

aWW...She's a cutie pie!!

Me said...

Going to visit Alley now. Amazing isn't she? I can see it in her eyes! She's a little skrapper (fighter)!

Helena said...

OOOh!!! I am adopted, my mum and dad are both carriers of CF, and they have lost 4 children to it!!! The youngest been a few days old the oldest 5 years old!!! They adopted me in 1972, at around this time not a lot was known about CF!!!

God bless the little mite!!!
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Julie!

We really appreciate all of the love and support! Ally really is a tremendous little girl and an absolute HOOT to be around!

You're the best!

Love!

Paula (Ally's mom!)

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Ally is Beautiful!

Ellie said...

She is precious. God bless.