Friday, June 27, 2008

And ... I'm out!

After a great deal of soul searching (aka reality checking) I have decided to not enter the Memory Maker Masters contest after all. With a baby due and two others settling back into their fall rotation of after school classes and practices right about the time that the MMM winners will be announced, how much sense does it make to be in the running? On the off chance that I was a winner, I don't think it would be fair to anyone for me to be so over-busy. I can handle busy, but over-busy is too much.

So, I'm back to scrapping for the pure joy of it for now. I'll still enter the occasional page calls (I have to catch someone's eye sooner or later), and I'm most certainly open to any design team opportunities, but no more big contests for me until the kids are all walking (and maybe even potty trained).

I offer my support and appreciation to all those who are still entering. MM is still on the top of my list of publications, so what an honor the winners will have IMHO.

Good luck remaining entrants (now, quit reading and get back to work)!

2 comments:

Veroncia Butler said...

You know what's best for you. I wuld love to do something like that. But I just want to win and be done with it. The year long commitment is too much for me. Congrats on Baby #3.

Anne Marie said...

Wow, I know that was a big decisions for you! I hope you feel good about it. Just think of the energy you'll be able to put into it another time!