Wednesday, March 26, 2008

2008 Year Tracker Book

This past Christmas, my husband bought me a scrapbook kit from Mike's. You know the ones - coordinated pp, some die cuts, brads, buttons, ribbons and the like. Honestly, I wasn't sure what I would do with it. I felt bad because he was so proud of the gift. After all, he bought me something scrap-related!

Then it came to me. A couple of magazines had challenged us to do a book about a year in the life of our family.

I've decided to dedicate two pages to each month of the year. The first page simply holds the calendar page from that month. I'm taking it from the calendar that I have hanging in my kitchen. That way it shows ever little appointment and big event such as the circus! The second page has photos taken from the highlights of that month. I'm printing all the photos in sepia tone to keep uniform.

Here's the pages from January:


(page one)


(page two)

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Fabulous idea! I like how you've decided to put a calendar page for each month in the album! It really does make it easier to match the photos to a timeline when you can see that kind of stuff. you can even use the empty days on the calendar to fill in tiny things you did that day, like going to the park or just small things you want to remember like a funny joke or story.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Definitely a nice way to remember the moments that make up a month in your lives. So cool! Have fun with this project and hope you can share the end result with us in January 2009. :)

jessicamae3 said...

Loving this idea! Thanks for sharing! Something you didnt think you could use, is going to turn out to be a cherished momento for your family for years to come!
Sepia...is perfect!
jessicamae3

Samantha said...

Great idea!!

Elizabeth said...

That calender book is such a great idea! I can't wait to see more of it!!

cutepumpkin!

mamatwoboys said...

Love that idea. Love it better that you put it into action! My calender is too big to fit on a 12X12 page but I will plan on getting a smaller one next year. Thanks for the inspiration and showing me that those ideas in magazines can be done!

Rachel said...

Fantastic idea!!!